The deep connection between us women and the moon through feminine energy stands as a perfect balance. Mysterious, unique, and serene… it comes as no surprise that the beginning of the lunar cycle represents a time for self-reflection and inner peace. So, as this month comes to an end, new moon rituals stand as a gift of love, gratitude, and self-care. Don’t know where to start? Don’t worry, let’s break down everything you need to know about this opportunity for renewal.
When is the next new moon?
On June 28 the sun and the moon will align thus creating what we know as a full moon. With contrasting energies on opposite sides of the Earth, embracing this transition is the best way to start a new month. Whether you want to admire the night sky, enjoy a moment of solitude, or set new goals, the time is now. Though lasting just for a few moments, there are many new moon rituals we can make our own. Let me share with you some of my favorites:
3 rituals for this new moon
With its growing popularity through social media and other platforms, “what is manifestation?” often comes as a question for many people. Overall, manifesting is a practice of materializing your inner thoughts and visions through the law of attraction. This universal principle states that what we think —either positive or negative— will come into our lives. Want to give it a try but not sure what to ask for? “Ask the Universe and you shall receive” it’s one of the most well-known promises, and this applies to:
Whether you’re asking to thrive in a professional or personal area, what’s important is to set up the intention. While you shouldn’t limit yourself when focusing on the positive, you do need a deep understanding of what you desire. In other words, identifying why we want something makes the difference when we ask the Universe for it. Now that we’ve talked about our inner selves, let’s focus on how to create a manifesting ritual. Here are a few tips:
- Build a sacred place. You can manifest anywhere, however, it’s best if you find a private and soothing place where you can concentrate and self-reflect. This can be your bedroom or your favorite spot around the house. Don’t forget to set up the ambiance by lighting a candle or burning incense. The idea is to nourish yourself while working on your self-growth.
- Embrace what you desire. There is no one-size-fits-all manifestation ritual. There are different practices that you can choose from like meditating, journaling, or speaking your intentions. While some people prefer quietness, others feel more comfortable stating what they desire out loud. Remember, do it with confidence.
- Always show gratitude. As the ritual is coming to an end after you’ve released your intentions, don’t forget to thank the Universe. Choosing faith while asking for guidance and orientation it’s the best way to end your manifestation.
2. Vision Board
Remember the art projects we use to craft when we were kids? Well, this is the opportunity to create them again while setting up your goals for this upcoming month. Also known as “inspiration boards”, mood boards serve as a visual representation of the life we desire: our hopes, dreams, and aspirations. Enjoy yourself playing your favorite music, take out magazines or recycled materials and let the magic begin. Not sure what to add? Don’t worry, you can make a great vision board with things laying at home such as:
- Scrapbook pages
As there are no written rules, let your imagination run wild. Moreover, this is an activity you can do by yourself or with loved ones. How about a get-together with close friends or a date with your significant other? Make it an art night and inspire each other as you enjoy the renewal energy the full moon brings. Just remember, like manifestation, the idea is to clearly intend what you desire. Finish by displaying your vision board and daily reminding yourself about the things you want to achieve in life. It’s all about creativity!
Everyday life can get chaotic while running thousands of errands and keeping up with our schedule. With all this hassle, sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves nourishing our bodies and letting our minds reset. As this is a cycle of renewal and aligning our energies, the full moon is a great moment to thank ourselves for everything we do. Whether it’s through a pampering spa night or a quiet meditation session, think of it as a way of replenishing. Want to start next month as inspired as ever? Try adding some of these to your self-care ritual:
- Taking social media breaks
- Wearing your favorite perfume
- Eating a healthy and nourishing dinner
- Implementing a skincare routine
- Writing a letter to your future self
- Reading the book you’ve always wanted to
- Taking a bubble bath or a warm shower
At the end of the day, what’s important is that a full moon ritual is about connecting with your spirituality. Avoid surrounding yourself with negative energy and embrace your own journey in the calmness of the night. Just like the moon, we are about to renew. Take this as the time to venture into what you want in life. It’s already out there, the Universe is just waiting for you to welcome it.